Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ell Lui Salon, Santa Rosa, California



After I did some headshots of my friends Nevuah and Sarah-Jane for Nevuah's styling portfolio, her boss at Elle Lui Salon here in Santa Rosa hired me to take some interior shots of the salon for an in-salon L'Oréal magazine. I don't normally do this more architectural style of photography, but I'm really happy with how well they turned out, especially considering we only had about 40 minutes before the salon opened, along with several other restrictions.









The salon is in the beautiful City 205 Building at 205 5th Street in Santa Rosa (in Railroad Square), and I had a nice chat with the owner, Fatima, about how this cool building has helped to revitalize the up-and-coming Railroad Square/ Arts District of Santa Rosa. The salon shares space with, among others, the fabulous Syrah restaurant and one of my favorite local florists, City 205 Flowers.

No comments: