Thursday, November 26, 2009

Alyssa and Brian, Alexander Valley Community Hall, Geyserville, Part 2



(Click on the image above for the slideshow)

Today is part two of Alyssa and Brian's wedding post... kind of funny to have so many photos from a wedding that I only sort of halfway shot, but I'm sure you can tell that it's very near to my heart for good reason. Wonderful people, and a wonderful party. On with the photos!



I'm sayin... ooh la la!









I have long wanted to photograph a bride wearing black. Leave it to my girl Alyssa to fulfill this dream!





















Brian's not too shabby in his black suit, either.



Then it was time for food and toasts - yum! Alyssa and Brian did the planning themselves, worked within their budget, and still pulled off a great wedding with all of the fixings. There were simple but lovely decorations, and amazing vegan food. Seriously, I ate so much that my dress (which was one of those "this will fit in 2 months if I don't gain any weight" too small sale deals that I bought two days before finding out I was pregnant. But I made it work! Thank goodness for empire waists) threatened to burst.



I loved my mother and father in laws' toasts (and I gave a pretty awesome one myself, if I do say so).















Here's my cutie pie neighbor cutting a rug - where did he get so many awesome dance skills?!



Lots of friends on the dance floor:





I like how Mike (the officiant/ friend) get progressively more excited as he helps the witnesses make the wedding official at the end of the evening:







And that's it! (Well, almost - I still have a hilariously amazing series of self portraits to share. I had enough trouble narrowing down my favorites to less then 200!)

The wedding was a wonderful example of a community coming together to throw a totally rad party. Alyssa and Brian's friends and family helped set up, clean up, DJ, do hair and makeup, take photos (I think there were between 6 and 8 photographers shooting at any one time?), and lots more. It was one of the best days' of the couples' lives, so we were all so glad we pitched in!

Some links:

the Alexander Valley Community Hall in Geyserville.

Are You Being Served Catering worked with them to a create affordable, delicious, vegan menu.

Vegan Baked Goods by Grace - delicious cupcakes!

Love my sister and brother in law!!

No comments: