Monday, August 14, 2006

Multiple Photography Personality Disorder (?)


When I used to work a "normal" full time job as an employee, I would start each new project with a drive to complete it as efficiently as possible. This led to a lot of "okay... now what?" as I finished things at more than twice as fast as my predecessors would. I couldn't really stand sitting around, waiting for things to happen, looking for work to do.

Well, that problem has been totally solved since I started working for myself! My brain is constantly coming up with new projects, ideas, problems, solutions, and on and on and on. Sometimes I feel like I am all over the place with my photography goals, because not only do I do weddings and portraits, but I also have a whole library of stock which I am constantly shooting for and updating; I occasionally get a bee in my bonnet to show some of my more "fine art" stuff at galleries or friends' stores; I also shoot for various magazines and publications and websites and record companies and bands and and and and...

Well, you get the idea.


And I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, it can be hard trying to fit ALL of that stuff in a day or week or month (or brain!) but I love doing all of it, and it keeps me busy, challenged, and fresh at every shoot.

Stay tuned for updates on some new personal projects as well as magazine work and more!

No comments: