Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Aloha

Devon and I were fortunate enough to spend 8 amazing days on the island of Kaua'i for our first anniversary. We had a quick, rainy honeymoon in SF when we got married in 2005, then a lovely 5 day vacation in May 2006 in Mendocino, ... so our third, and by far most mind blowing, was this lovely tropical adventure.


The only bad part was having to leave/ come home!


We went ziplining in the jungle, snorkeled with green sea turtles and crazy tropical fish, hiked up slippery roots and cliffs, ate at lots of great restaurants, relaxed as much as we ever have, and fell more and more in love with each other with each moment.


I don't think I've ever spent so much intense time with one person before, and we didn't fight or get sick of each other. It was just what we needed and I can't wait to go back and keep traveling!


The slideshow is long, but I did my best to pare it down to the bare essentials. If you'd like to take a look, I hope the beautiful beaches and sunsets and views relax you even on this rainy, cold December day.


We couldn't believe our luck at where we were, and kept looking at each other in shock. So THIS is why people take vacations! I love my work, but this kind of thing is so necessary; and this had been our first vacation in almost 8 years (our first "real" vacation ever!). From now on we are doing this kind of thing at LEAST once a year, if not once a quarter, and I am not hearing otherwise!

No comments: