Monday, December 14, 2009

Sheryl and Nick Part 2, Brazilian Room, Tilden Park, Berkeley



(Click the image above for the slideshow)

Here's part 2 from Sheryl and Nick's beautiful October wedding, the reception. Which was a total blast due to amazing food and guests who love to dance!







There were toasts for close to an hour - and that was just the first round! People obviously love these two, and their families are very close.











And then - the hora!









The mother of the bride had obviously done this before:





The mother of the groom hadn't but was a great sport:





The food was fabulous! (Catered by Ann Walker Catering) I'm not showing many photos of it here, because I had to narrow things down somehow, but they set up a really cool "taste of San Francisco" series of food stations. Representing Fisherman's Wharf was a fresh oyster bar (this guy seems to be at every wedding where I can't eat raw seafood lately!); North Beach had some Italian salads, salami, pasta, pickled vegetables; the Mission featured delicious mini tortas, ceviche, and tacos; and then there was Indian food (which is just good all over town). They even had a coffee cart brought in! I wish I could eat it all over again...







And the cakes - oh, the cakes. They used cake flavors instead of table numbers or names, then encouraged guests to dive in instead of doing a formal cake cutting. It was a beautiful frenzy of sugary treats, and I sampled one or two even though I had no room after that buffet (and definitely none left in my regular pants - I think that was the last day I didn't wear maternity pants!). So amazing! I promise I was working, too, but I did stop for a food break, and it was like heaven.



And the dancing - wowsa! I had never seen so much dancing for so many hours... and mostly it was done by people a generation older than me. I am definitely humbled by Sheryl's mom's energy for the dancefloor!







Thank you to Sheryl, Nick, and your awesome families and friends for such a great party!

No comments: