Monday, August 16, 2010

Tolu and Mackinnon, private estate elopement, Geyserville



(Click on the image above for the slideshow)

This is another private ceremony, an absolutely breathtaking elopement that I love. I think it is one of my favorite weddings ever!
Tolu was born in Nigeria and grew up in Iowa. Mackinnon is a California native, and they were married in secret at Mackinnon's parents' stunning ranch in Geyserville, California. Heavenly...







I'll let Tolu and Mackinnon's words explain:
"We both come from big families. We LOVE our families, but they are big. Lots of schedules, lots of plans, lots of kids, etc. It is really important to us to be married on Loving Day, June 12th, but our families' schedules were not complementary. So, we decided to have a private (secret) ceremony to honor the significance of Loving Day as it relates to our marriage and relationship, while also planning another ceremony at a later date where we will celebrate our union with our families."









From Wikipedia:
"Loving Day is an annual celebration held on June 12, the anniversary of the 1967 United States Supreme Court decision Mildred and Richard Loving vs. Virginia which struck down all anti-miscegenation laws remaining in 16 states citing "There can be no doubt that restricting the freedom to marry solely because of racial classifications violates the central meaning of the equal protection clause." In the United States, anti-miscegenation laws were state laws banning interracial marriage, mainly forbidding marriage between non-whites and whites. Loving Day is not an officially, government-recognized holiday, but is celebrated by a growing number of people throughout the United States, especially by those involved in interracial relationships."





Can you imagine anything more beautiful?



























What an honor for me to be a part of this day. Thank you again, Tolu and Mackinnon!















1 comment:

MLE said...

Gorgeous photos.

It always blows my mind when I see a venue I'm familiar with. (I think I swam in that pool when I was a kid!)