Tuesday, June 24, 2008

shoot day with Paige and Jude!, Petaluma, California





(click the above image for the slideshow!)

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to photograph, and be photographed by, two beautiful and talented photographers in Petaluma: Jude Mooney and Paige Green. We had a blast, and I had fun being a model (!) for much of the afternoon, running around a junk yard, jumping up and down in a park, and riding a bicycle up and down the street I used to live on.



When I had my turn, though, I wanted to do a very simple café shoot for lifestyle stock and promotional stuff. I envisioned some clean, lovely shots of Jude holding a mug of coffee and turning towards the window light (I hadn't met Paige before, so I mostly had Jude in mind). I'm really happy with the cafe shots:









Then we moved to another cafe - this one with yummy lunch and treats!







I was happy to have the chance to get to know Paige better, and to photograph her beautiful coloring with the blue, red and black of this scene:









And more of the lovely Jude again - practicing her one raised eyebrow for me:









Scandal!





Later, back at the house, I caught a few shots of Jude and her daughter, Dixie, as well as some of my favorite shots of the day - portraits of Dixie with her bike in the backyard (by special request from Dixie herself!).











And my favorite shot from the whole day (which Jude describes as "very Jessamyn", and I think I have to agree!):



Plus Paige's cute shoes and socks.



I had such a wonderful and invigorating time, both as model and photographer, and can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Um, hello? We need pictures of you jumping up and down in the junkyard. Don't tease and not deliver.

Thank you!

:)

Anonymous said...

how fun and so lovely! although i agree with meg, we want more of you!
my fav is dixie lying in the grass. so pretty!!

-megan