Monday, May 21, 2007

assisting at Auberge du Soleil

Phew. I just got back from assisting a wedding photographer friend shoot at Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford (in the Napa Valley). What an amazing place! Great views, impeccable service, and amazing food.

The couple were very sweet, and the bride gracious and adorable. I forgot what hard work assisting is - a strange combination of carrying things, rushing around, being invisible and being friendly, and sitting around doing nothing.

I got to second shoot a bit, as well, which is great because when there are beautiful people/ places/ details to shoot and I can't, my fingers just itch for the occasion.

Auberge is a very exclusive, elegant place for a wedding, and I can't wait to book my "own" wedding to photograph there! A lovely, highly recommended venue.

Just a quick update for the day - posts with actual photos from actual shoots, coming very soon. I hope everyone's enjoying the hot, clear weather!


No comments: