Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rich and Typh's Pre-Wedding Portraits

I hesitate to call these "engagement photos", since we were meeting up for an hour or so at their venue last week to go over the different locations, and they are getting married in just over 2 weeks (!!). I figured, since we're meeting up, why not bring my camera and grab a few shots of the two of them together?



These guys, like so many of my clients, are AWESOME. We could not stop chatting about everything from the wedding to film stocks to shoes and on and on. They're getting married at the UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens, way up on the hill overlooking the Bay Area, and it's just a phenomenal location.



The ceremony itself is taking place in the gardens' Redwood Grove:



I threw in a bit of black and white film to shake up my norm, which was fun in the soft, diffused lighting:



We encountered all kinds of Dr. Seuss-ical plants, hummingbirds and turtles, desert and tropical plant species, and botanicals from all around the world.





They had both accidentally worn the same cardigans (different colors), with the little LaCoste alligator on them:



which is something Devon and I have been doing since we were in high school together, so I loved it!

We could've kept gabbing and shooting except that the place was closing and we didn't want to get locked in!

Check out their slideshow:

edited 1.2.08 - the slideshow has been taken down for server tidiness. Please let me know if you're interested in seeing it.



I'm so excited to shoot the wedding! See you guys in a few weeks!


edited to add Typh's response:
"I LOVE YOUR PICTURES!!!!!I'm sOOO excited for our wedding pics. It's amazing
how expressive the B/W ones are I think.
I totally enjoyed hanging out with you too!
Thanks Jessamyn!"

and Rich's:
"I agree on all points!
thanks so much for taking the time to meet with us last Friday. I think it
was really helpful, and the photos are amazing :) really looking forward
to seeing what you capture on the big day.
Particularly I like how well you captured/exposed the grove! I've seen a
few shots taken there that were really dark & kinda lost the magic of the
space,
but these are so nice and really convey the atmosphere..."

You guys totally made my day...

No comments: