Monday, December 03, 2007

catchup, and stuff I'm liking

I had a lovely weekend off - a date in SF with Devon (yes, there will be photos!); a great concerts with lots of friends' bands (again, photos to follow); and a lazy Sunday off. Very nice. Today I am back at work, and I had the pleasure of spending the grey morning at two Napa Valley venues meeting with the lovely women who work at V. Sattui and the Villagio. It's so nice to have a chance to just talk, and tomorrow I'm excited to join the Bay Area Wedding Network at the Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland for mingling and holiday treats, yay!

The point of this is that I have a lot of images I'm dying to share but not a lot of time yet, so please bear with me. The wintry season is a great time for me to catch up on office work, promos, communication, and, wow, actually hanging out with friends! But I love doing the photo thing, and want to post many more shots here soon, so I'm shooting (bad pun) for later this week, getting in some good blogging time.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some of the media I've been into lately - you can always see the books I've been reading on the little bar to the right of the blog body (if you're reading this in a read, click on the link here to see what you're missing!), so I'm mainly sharing music - I've been listening to Yeah Yeah Yeah's newer EP; Tegan and Sara (and going to see them on Thursday night!); the Control soundtrack (can't wait for the movie); a Fleetwood Mac song (!) I never thought I'd like; Calla, Múm, Slowdive, and other shoegazey versions of winter time music; random Depeche Mode; In Rainbows (I paid $4 cause I love the idea); Sharon Jones; and lots more.

Haven't seen a lot of movies I'd recommend lately (though we want to check out "No Country For Old Men" and "American Gangster", and I hate that we missed "the Darjeeling Limited"!), but we did rent The Host the other night - unfortunately it was dubbed instead of subtitled! Bleah.


Here's one of my favorite YYYs songs - the video quality here's not great, but you can see a better one here.



Now back to work for me! I'm off to buy a new camera from a friend and can't wait to play!

No comments: