Friday, March 14, 2008

Belated Valentine's Day - Sushi Fest!



I have so many shoots I want to edit and share, it's been hard for me to wait! Alas, sometimes you just gotta do the other stuff (meetings, office work, errands, photography seminars, etc...), which I also love to do, but the fact that I actually, successfully have waited almost a whole 5 days from finishing an edit (or three) is kind of impressive in its way. Usually I'm up late into the night because I'm just as excited to see the finished result as my clients!

Anyway, I will be updating bunches next week. For now, I have some older personal stuff to share. These are from Valentine's Day (one month ago exactly), when Devon and I chose to avoid the restaurant chaos, and instead stayed home to create a homemade mountain of veggie sushi. We've done this a few times now, and I think we're going to make it our V-Day tradition. It requires planning, patience, cooperation, a lot of time together, and then a huge pig-out at the end of it all. So fun!

This is all I could get before we ate - we were famished!



I just have a few of the sushi before it was stuffed in our faces. We used marinated tofu, shitake mushrooms, steamed yams, carrots, cucumbers, sesame seeds, wasabi, ginger, tamari, crushed macadamia nuts (yum!), and maybe some other stuff. Kind of a lot for two people, but for less than the price of a more sedate restaurant sushi dinner, we create more than we can possibly eat at our greediest, and have lunch (and snacks) for the next day! YUM.

And, yikes!



Earlier in the day, I made these yummy lemon yogurt mini bundt cakes. I got the recipe from Nigella Lawson and let her approach allow me to be a little more slapdash than normal. As a result, there were only 5 instead of 6 (I think she must be using smaller baking mold), and the finished result looked a wee bit like, um, a giant donut. Nothin wrong with that, right?





Very simple to make, with only about 6 ingredients.







I'm into blueberries in (or on) everything I bake lately:



A lovely evening together!

No comments: