Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sara, Ryan, and baby Taj!, Bartholomew Winery Park, Sonoma, California



I'm really excited to be photographing Jean and Romie's wedding in early May. They have two kids each around my age, and there are new grandchildren arriving on both sides, very close to the wedding! I love Jean and Romie's romantic story (finding true love later in life), and that their wedding is going to be a celebration of their families and friends. The details are going to be gorgeous (and delicious!), and I can't wait to see everyone all gussied up.



In the meantime, I had the privilege of meeting (and photographing) Jean's daughter, Sara, along with her husband, Ryan, and newborn baby Taj, for (and on) Sara's birthday (Happy Birthday Sara!). It's been awhile since I got to hang out with a baby so teensy (only five weeks!), and I forgot how much they like to do their little baby yoga poses... so cute. Taj was a really well behaved boy, too, especially for someone who had been dealing not only with being newly born, but also with a cold, and with lots of traveling and new people. We woke him from his nap, but I don't think he really cried at all. I had so much fun taking his photo!



We met for a picnic (thanks again for the treats!) and new-family photo shoot at the beautiful Bartholomew Winery Park in Sonoma. Jean and I both decided we would need to come back with our respective husbands to try out the hikes there. The grounds are just gorgeous, and I hadn't realized that there was so much history involved in that park.

Now, I have been trying to make a really concerted effort to keep my edits tighter - no more than 10 images on the blog, etc. However, I absolutely could NOT narrow these down any more! So, 11 it is, and more on the slideshow and Pictage event, and so be it... I mean, look at this little guy!



Love his blue eyes:



His parents are SO in love with him!





To say nothing of his grandmother :)





I love this shot. Thanks for being so easy to work with, you guys!



Here is the slideshow, enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh my god! the last picture is sooo beautiful.

E.