Friday, January 22, 2010

From Inspiration To Reality shoot for Style Me Pretty



I have been so excited to share these photos!! Jess Flood Events, along with an amazing team of vendors, created this gorgeous wedding photo shoot for Style Me Pretty's "Inspiration to Reality" feature. All I had to do was show up and shoot it! Well, okay, at the end of the day I could barely see straight and pretty much collapsed into a hot bath and bed - but it was the best kind of workout I could imagine. Jess and her team took care of everything, and I had a blast photographing our beautiful models Giselle and Clay together at this gorgeous ranch.





Our Inspiration was this beautiful board - subdued but beautiful colors, cool wintry light, feminine but not cloying shapes - and the birds!









Check out the feature on the SMP Blog:
Part One

Part Two

Part Three





My favorite part about our shoot is the way it captured something really essential and true about my style without me fully spelling it out or defining it beforehand... that is the best part about working with vendors that you love! I feel like Jess really "got" my work completely, set up this wonderful shoot, and then just let me play and have at it. I had a pretty clear idea about what I wanted to shoot, and we did lots of planning and talking beforehand - but it also just felt so natural once I got there to shoot the way I do, and to discover things as we went, that I didn't have to stop to think about it at all. In that sense, it felt like a real wedding, where I just dive in and go with the flow and think on my feet. Much, much more fun than a studio shoot, in my opinion!

I'll be showcasing some more of the photos here on my blog next week, so check back for more.

We had an amazing team of vendors there - here is where credit is due!

Design, Veil, Bridesmaids' Headpieces and Florals by Jess Flood Event Design
the venue is an amazing, 255 acre Private Ranch (with vineyards, river front locations and guest houses, a pond, dove cote, and a ton of other stuff we'd need at least a week to photograph!) in Healdsburg, CA (contact Jess Flood for booking details)
Cake by Fleur DeLisa
Invitations and Paper Goods from notion : creative
Menswear by Molly Rodgers
Wedding Dress, Bridesmaids' Dresses, and Shoes from Flair Bridesmaid
Fur and Jewelry are from Hot Couture Vintage
Linens by La Tavola
Rentals from Classic Party Rentals
Bridal Hair and Makeup by Cecilia at Elle Lui Salon in Santa Rosa
Groom’s Hair by Nevuah at Elle Lui Salon in Santa Rosa

No comments: