Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Trash the Dress

there's sort of a movement among certain wedding photographer circles called "trash the dress". The idea is that after the wedding (usually the day after, particularly on destination weddings in sunny tropical beachy places), the photographer takes the couple to the beach, forest, around the city, etc., and gets all kinds of awesome shots where the bride is no longer worried about ruining her dress...

Here's their blog...

I'm a big fan of swimming so I like the underwater ones best! Someone remarked on the "Ophelia-like quality" of these kinds of shots, which (while maybe a little grim) is really lovely and poetic.

I haven't had the chance to officially "trash the dress" yet, although I love getting couples to lie down in the grass or wander into nature - but of course, I try to be conscientious of how much the bride cares about getting her dress dirty. I'd love to try something crazy, so if anyone's interested, just let me know...

2 comments:

Mel said...

I love this photo... That splash of red draws me right in. I hope you get lots of brides to participate in your trash the dress campaign!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful grass photo! I love it when couples let their personal style shine through.

It was nice to meet you at the PUG meeting last night. It always helps to put a face to the blog.

Happy dress trashing!