Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Kathy and Andrew's Wedding, Yountville Community Church and Culinary Institute of America, Saint Helena / Napa Valley, California

I recently co-shot a wedding with my friend Megan . The couple, Kathy and Andrew, came up to Napa Valley for their wedding, from Southern California. I was in charge of doing some shots of the groom and groomsmen while Megan photographed the bride and bridesmaids getting ready. Aside from the pre-ceremony groomsmen stuff, I was there to get candids and photos of the reception for the most part. It was a really fun change of pace!





This couple was maybe a little more traditional than many of my clients, but very sweet, obviously super in love, and really friendly. Megan handled all of their "formal" shots but I caught a few over her shoulder during sunset.





The ceremony was at a little church in Yountville, and after Andrew got ready, we headed over to a nearby Wine Train station for some group shots... It was HOT so I got this kind of Reservoir Dogs shot, and some other fun ones.







Andrew laughs easily - and from what I saw of Kathy, she does too - which is always a pleasure. When his mother was helping him with his boutenniere, Andrew found the sticker labeling it "groom" and said, "this really belongs on me, cause I'm the groom!"







After the ceremony, the guests and I all headed over to the CIA - Culinary Institute of America - in the big beautiful castle I had blogged about a few months back. There was a lovely mingling hour, and swallows' nests all over the side of the building!





Upstairs, the barrel room was decorated with amazing lighting, centerpieces, flowers, candles, drapery... and a dramatically lit cake by Patisserie Angelica.









Dinner was amazing! Even us vendors were served lobster and a delicious filet mignon. Magnifique!













And on top of everything, the couple sent Megan this nice note about us:



What a wonderful evening!



Edited: Slideshow has been removed, 10/16/2008.

No comments: