Monday, February 23, 2009

Some rainy day photos

We had a wonderfully cozy rainy day weekend, mostly relaxing at home and vising with family. During the wedding off season, I have time to do things I normally don't do, like take weekends off (ahhh), do lots of portrait and personal shoots, and lounge around with Devon and the kitty while it pours outside. Though I love summer and sunshine, I also enjoy the rain (especially when it hopefully will help us avoid a drought!), and did a little self assignment of random, fun photos taken around the house. I shot for about 10 or 15 minutes, just wandering around and looking at stuff, which is a really fun way to appreciate our home (and how much work we need to do). Here are some of those shots.

Ashes in the fireplace:



Sculpture thingy Devon made on our mantle, with candle stick:



Sleepy kitty watching the rain:



Front step:



Neighbors' trees seen from guest room:



1980s- and 1990s-style accessories:





Guest room projects:





Neighbors' chimney, two ways:





My green corduroy Puma sneakers (I'm so sad I can't find another pair! I never want these to fall apart...):



Bedroom peek at raindrops:



Sunny, surprise daffodils:



Miscellaneous office ceiling:





A living room that needs to be cleaned, a cozy fire in the fireplace, and too many electronics:



And a couple more kitty shots - because I can't help it!





No comments: