Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Jessica and Neal's Wedding, Old Point Reyes Schoolhouse Inn, Point Reyes Station, West Marin County, California

Jessica and Neal had a beautiful, West Marin County wedding on Bastille Day (July 14th). I met them through my college friend Sarah (who, unfortunately, couldn't be at the wedding as she and her boyfriend are spending a year in Budapest!), so I felt like we were already friends from the start. They are both AWESOME, and work for Grace Street Catering. Jessica works in the event planning part, while Neal's a chef, so they really planned this as a celebration and gift from their hearts and passions to their families. Jessica coordinated with Grace Street's awesome floral department to create by far the most unique and interesting bouquets, arrangements, centerpieces, and details I have ever seen, while Neal planned the menu from the appetizers to the four course dinner. It was a joy to be there, and I cannot thank them enough for including me!



I could post for hours about their unique details, which involved everything from feathers, to birds' eggs, to birdcages, to an abandoned wasps' nest, to thistles, to scarab beetles (!!), to seashells, to vintage bottles... Okay, my point was supposed to be that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll shut up and let the photos do the talking. I am just still so blown away by the amount of creativity!





























And the food! So amazing. I even tried the duck mole - although not a duck fan - and it was delicious... mmmmmm, so good!





This one was my favorite. Spicy and scrumptious!



And the beautiful ambience - the wedding was at the Old Point Reyes Schoolhouse in Pt. Reyes Station. I love this area of West Marin, and have a lot of wonderful memories tied to it from driving to my grandmother's house in Stinson Beach growing up. Devon and I got there way early, sampled snacks from the yummy Bovine Bakery, watched the hardcore bikers (the spandex and leather kinds) taking a break, and enjoyed the sunshine (a rarity near the coast) until the lovely salty mist rolled in around 6.









And the best for last - look at how beautiful and adorable these cutie pies are! I loved working with both of them, and the toasts, and meeting their loving families and friends.

















I seriously could go on and on about how wonderful they looked, how perfect all the details were in representing the couple and their uniqueness, and the gorgeous food and location, but since I've already rambled quite a bit, I implore you to take a look at the slideshow!

edited 1.2.08 - the slideshow has been taken down for server tidiness. Please let me know if you're interested in seeing it.



(the above shot was taken with a vintage 4x5" camera - ask me if you're interested in having portraits made with it!)

No comments: