Thursday, July 05, 2007

Smith Harris Reunion

A few weeks ago, my family got together with family friends (the Smiths) that we have known at least since I was a little girl. We have all been busy and living in far flung places, so it was nice to finally get together for a li'l reunion (although we were missing my brother - who was still off in NYC).

My sister and her boyfriend brought these marshmallow guns. I was skeptical at first but they really were fun. Jim snuck up on his daughter and her husband and let his son-in-law have it!



Here's Lauren trying to figure the gun out:



We had a potluck, and the food was amazing! The Smiths are all good cooks, and the Harrises have huge sweet tooths (teeth?) so we had about an equal ratio of healthy food to dessert. Yum!







Jim fell asleep on the couch once again - before lunch even!



My dad held out a little bit longer:



Then everyone took turns lazing in the hammock:





It was a lovely day in the garden:





We did a little portrait thing really quickly - yay for the self timer!

Here's Devon helping me test it out:





And the whole crew:



And my folks' basset hound, Opal, looking pathetic in the Smiths' shot:





The most exciting part, of course, is that Jessica is almost ready to pop!





What a fun day. I can't wait to meet the newest little Smith.

Here's a slideshow too.

No comments: