Wednesday, April 09, 2008

a few more (film) engagement shots

I wanted to share a few additional engagement images from February... one of the things I don't miss about film is the amount of time it takes to get back to me. Since after every shoot, I can hardly wait to edit the digital images, I had these engagement sessions posted long before I even got the film processed.

Nevertheless, it is so much fun to play around with vintage cameras and favorite filmstocks from time to time. Jenny and Mike are getting married this Saturday! I'm looking forward to kicking off wedding season with them (okay, my "season", their marriage!), and their big fabulous party. I know it's going to be awesome (I want to say "off the hook", but even I can show some restraint from being that goofy. Sort of.)



This shot reminds me of their romantic story, and of how I quickly got the impression that they could be left alone forever just to talk and cuddle and be perfectly happy. One of the things Jenny had said about this tree (where they had their first kiss!) was that she didn't remember there being any visible gravestones, when in fact there were hundreds (being in a huge, beautiful cemetery, and all). Blinded by love!

Though their wedding isn't for over a month (and rapidly approaching!), I also wanted to share these photos of Gregory and Jacqueline - there's something really steamy about the way they're posing with each other here. Although their clothes are casual, and we're in a public area, they too are in their own private world.





I have to say, I don't know if it's me or if I'm just lucky with my clients (I think it's the latter... maybe it's both!), but I swear that every session starts with, "we're not really into having our photos taken, s/he always makes this one face, we feel awkward, etc", and ends in beautiful, comfortable, genuine expressions, and I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to capture that!

No comments: