Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cast Away Yarn Shop, Railroad Square, Santa Rosa, California



My friend Justine, who you may remember from photos of her fabulous home (which made it into PDN's Photo Annual issue last year!), recently opened the cutest yarn shop you have ever seen, in Railroad Square near downtown Santa Rosa. It's called Cast Away, and also has the cutest logo I've ever seen. After popping in to check the shop out, I had to come back with my camera to capture all of the lovely colors, textures, details, and lovely things that Justine has filled it with.













It was so nourishing to my eyes to see all of this color! I wish I knitted/ crocheted/ etc, but I've just learned to accept that I'm not a very crafty person...





















Justine, and I think her husband Paul, did all of the design and remodel work themselves. The result is simple but so beautiful.





I took these photos right before Christmas - loved the tinsel tree on a spinning wheel! I wonder what her window display is now...















If you find yourself in Santa Rosa, you should definitely check out Cast Away! 111 4th Street.

3 comments:

baffle said...

Yummy Yummy Yarn!

Excuse me while I make like a basset and droooooooooooool...

(this is really an exceptionally beautiful yarn shop - Bravo! to your friend, Justine.

House Dreams said...

Oh, my gosh,I cannot believe the textural color!
Beautiful, Jessamyn!

Now we have a third reason to head up there.
1. bbq
2. culinary arts lunch
3. YARN YARN YARN...

You just tell her that I need some short fat needles...to teach little kids!

Does she have fat yarn, too?

Anonymous said...

I love all the colors in these! How much fun is that?