Monday, February 04, 2008

lots going on

I took the day off to hang out with my (practically bicoastal) brother while he's still in the area. Though Austin's come back 3 times since he moved to NYC in September, I still want to take advantage of hanging out with him as much as I can cause he's awesome (rhymes with Austin)!



In addition to working in the office, this weekend I:

-baked a cake from a Winnie-the-Pooh paperback cookbook from the 1970s. Yes, it contained hunny! I added marmalade for the middle filling to give it a tinge of Paddington Bear, as well.

-went with Dev to two friends' houses for two mini dinner parties.

-met up with yet another friend for brunch and Wii adventures. I regret to say that this is the first time I finally had a chance to try the Wii; I totally loved it and want my own; AND I sustained a minor "injurWii" to my right arm from giving the golf club too much "pepper". This is my camera arm, too, so you'd think that would be the strongest muscles I've got!
I think something's trying to tell me, you've got enough old school video games going on right now; let the Wii simmer for a bit and catch up to it in 20 years.

-played some real-life ping pong and wasn't as bad as I thought I would be.

-caught a couple of movies I liked well enough to recommend.

It was a wonderful weekend finally getting a chance to catch up with some friends who have been on our list for ages. I have lots of photo shoots and photo-related projects coming up, as well as client meetings and, sooner than it feels, wedding season! I know I'll be working through most of the upcoming weekends, so it was perfect timing to recharge and refresh a little bit this weekend.

In the meantime, I am doing a ton of fabulous portrait and stock sessions and can take a few more. I've got a couple of spaces for my discounted promo portrait sessions left, so let me know asap if you or a friend want one! Don't forget Valentine's Day is only a week and a half away...

Anyway, watch for a couple of "real" blog entries soon!

No comments: