Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Albums and products

I've recently complete several client and sample albums (and have a few more coming), and I am so happy with them. My new favorite product is anything by Cypress Albums. From their delicate, vintage looking folios to the complete silk album and presentation box (which is available in a do-it-yourself album as well as the full custom professional album), everything they do is completely handmade from the finest materials. These albums are my "Pacific" albums. I feel like each one could be presented in a gallery - and I'm not even talking about the photos here so much as the fabrics and the hand ribbon binding!

Jennifer and Scott were instrumental in helping me discern which additional products I wanted to carry - since they are committed vegetarians, they knew they didn't want the leather style of my "Los Angeles" album, and that they wanted something artistic and elegant. We're all just thrilled with the result!

The gorgeous, unique ribbon binding:



Silver imprinting on the cover of the included presentation box:









To reiterate, these albums are handmade in Southern California from high quality Japanese silk, Swiss ribbons, and archival paper. Even the paper's edges are hand torn! The presentation boxes close with an invisible magnet, and everything is created with utmost love and care. Beautiful!







A different style of album is the flush-mount "Los Angeles" album I offer. The covers come in leather or metal (which looks really cool and modern), and the pages are full-to-the-edge collages with a variety of custom designed spreads. These are fantastic because of the level of customization available, as well as the sturdy feel of the leather covers.

Here is the sample made from Sara and Eric's wedding for the Vintners Inn:









And here are some details from Melissa and Albert's wedding from 2006:











And, finally, a sweet 5" Pocket Sized proof book as a thank you for Corinne and Geoff!



If you're interested in additional information on any of these products, don't hesitate to let me know. You may also download a pdf of the information here.

No comments: