Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Argh, Healdsburg!", indeed!

This has nothing to do with anything, but I loved the homepage SFGate headline of this story so much I had to share. If you don't feel like clicking, the summary of it is: a tropical frigatebird ended up in Healdsburg, California (about 20 minutes north of where we live) after all the weird hurricane-like storms we encountered this winter.

Crazy!



On a side note from the side note, when I was growing up Healdsburg was kind of a middle-of-nowhere logging town with some fun river spots in the summer and not much else going on - in the late 90s or so it was totally revitalized as a hip, wine country getaway downtown and boutique-y kind of place. Although there is the usual Sonoma County grumbling of the yuppification of our little country ways, and it can be intense to have a lot of very wealthy people coming in for the weekends, I must admit... it's pretty dang cute now, with lots of shops, restaurants, bakeries, and even some high end hotels!

Plus I know where the great thrift store and the blue plate special kind of spots are :)

Back to work for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH!
To have seen it!!!