Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A present from me, and from you, for the kitties

As a gift in honor of my clients, friends, family and feline family, Jessamyn Harris Photography made a donation in late 2007 to the Animal Shelter League of Rohnert Park here in Sonoma County. I wanted to say thank you for the wonderful friends I have found there through the years - first our beloved kitty, Tess, who was a great friend to me for 8 years, from college through to marriage and owning my own business. Though it was heart breaking to say good-bye to her, Devon and I also had the good fortune of finding our newer girl, Gracie, there just a few months ago, and she is also a wonderful addition to our household.



I know it's just a small ripple in the world, but I also feel strongly about helping animals find good homes, and helping humans find love and companionship with their kitty counterparts.

I sound like a cat lady, but I was really heart warmed to hear back from the Animal Shelter League with a kind letter:
"Your kind gift is greatly appreciated and will go towards spay/neutering procedures for the animals in the Rohnert Park Animal Shelter. Your gift will make a difference in many animals' lives. Support from people in our community, like you, helps to make a difference in the lives of animals needing shelter and new homes. Such gifts of kindness give animals a second chance at finding the care and homes they deserve. Thank you so much for caring and helping."



So, thank you to everyone who has helped me to help this organization! I urge anyone who wants to adopt a pet to visit the Rohnert Park Animal Shelter, which is a great facility to find a new cat or dog (or bunny!). Another great organization is Forgotten Felines, which has a room at the RP Animal Shelter, which is where we found Gracie.

And now the PSA is over, and I have an excuse to feature just a few more kitty photos :)











Ahem, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

No comments: