Wednesday, January 02, 2008

a little NES flashback

As a quick day-ending note, I wanted to share this (which I found on Geekologie, for I am a geek. I also recently subscribed myself to Wired under the guise of getting it for Devon and I can't help but devour every issue!):



I think this is the best thing I've seen all year (heh heh)! Dev and I recently acquired my (and my siblings') childhood NES (original / 8 bit, yeah!) and Sega Genesis systems. So awesome! I've been having the most fun with Dr. Mario and Tetris, but we really need to get a Super Mario 3 cartridge that works, and some other stuff like this and this.

Here's another super awesome amazing video:



I'm also really hoping to get a Playstation so we can play Super Puzzle Fighter II... and then there's this "Wii" thing I've heard people talk about. First I gotta get past 1992 with the games...

First, though, I've gotta find me some Adventure Island II and Little Nemo for the NES.

Oh, and Ducktales!!

OK, back to work.

3 comments:

Josh Hudson said...

Thanks for the awesome videos!!! They where hilarious : ) Right on

Megan Clouse said...

If I was ever to enter rehab for an addiction it would be for Tetris. I used to be completely obsessed with the game and not surprisingly (after countless hours) quite good. I literally had to remove it from my life
The human Tetris video is hysterical!
Can I play??

Meg.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! Everyone I know gives me a blank stare when I say my favorite game is 'Super Puzzle Fighter 2'! Yay for another fan, I have it on my gameboy!

:)